Current version published: July 4, 2014
Brock Office Automation strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Brock Office Automation Inc., (“Brock Office Automation”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with http://www.Brock Office Automation.com/ (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Brock Office Automation practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Brock Office Automation’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to hello (at) Brock Office Automation.com. You can also contact Brock Office Automation via postal mail at: 23 Nihan Drive, Unit 3, St. Catharines, ON L2N 1L2.
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information Brock Office Automation gathers
- How Brock Office Automation Collects Personal Information
- How Brock Office Automation Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Brock Office Automation Discloses Personal Information
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Brock Office Automation Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1) Personal Information Brock Office Automation gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Brock Office Automation collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Brock Office Automation to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Brock Office Automation.
Transaction Information. Brock Office Automation automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Brock Office Automation, information about how you use Brock Office Automation’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Brock Office Automation business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Brock Office Automation collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on our blog, we may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How Brock Office Automation Collects Personal Information
Brock Office Automation prompts you to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Brock Office Automation or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Brock Office Automation.
Brock Office Automation also collects Transaction Information if and when you contact Brock Office Automation via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
3) How Brock Office Automation Uses Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
Brock Office Automation uses Personal Information to:
– Identify and authenticate users;
– Facilitate transactions;
– Operate and improve the Site;
– Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
– Contact you by phone or email;
– Personalize and continually improve users’ Brock Office Automation experience;
– Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
– Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
– Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
– Track transactions and perform other analytics;
– Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Brock Office Automation partners or third parties; and
4) When and Why Brock Office Automation Discloses Personal Information
Brock Office Automation will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Brock Office Automation will disclose your Personal Information when:
– Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, SalesForce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Brock Office Automation Uses Personal Information”) above.
– Brock Office Automation employs other companies to perform tasks on Brock Office Automation’s behalf and therefore Brock Office Automation must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Brock Office Automation may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
– Enforcing Brock Office Automation’s rights or protect Brock Office Automation property and intellectual property;
– Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
– Brock Office Automation believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
– Brock Office Automation believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
– Brock Office Automation believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
– Brock Office Automation believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Brock Office Automation in litigation or a regulatory action.
– Brock Office Automation believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Brock Office Automation will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Brock Office Automation is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Brock Office Automation’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If Brock Office Automation is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information before it becomes subject to a new privacy statement.
This Privacy statement only governs when and why Brock Office Automation discloses Personal Information. This Privacy statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Brock Office Automation does not own or control, or individuals that Brock Office Automation does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Brock Office Automation’s control. Brock Office Automation is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Brock Office Automation Site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Brock Office Automation may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Brock Office Automation may provide our partners, (such as Hubspot or SalesForce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Brock Office Automation users.
5) Tracking Technologies
6) Choice and Control
While Brock Office Automation does need to collect certain information to make your Brock Office Automation experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Brock Office Automation wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Brock Office Automation may contact you about our services or your activity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from Brock Office Automation you may opt out of the email as indicated on each and every email correspondence.
- Cookies and Tracking Devices. You manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Brock Office Automation by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
7) Security of Personal Information
Brock Office Automation strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Brock Office Automation cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Brock Office Automation strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information.
8) Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Brock Office Automation through the Site. Brock Office Automation utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Brock Office Automation. Brock Office Automation encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
9) Brock Office Automation Blog
10) Changes to this Privacy Statement
Brock Office Automation may, from time to time, in Brock Office Automation’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. We encourage all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement.
11) Contact Brock Office Automation
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Brock Office Automation by sending an email to hello (at) Brock Office Automation.com.