Epson America has answered the cries of people who don’t want colour printing integrated into their printers by introducing two new business inkjet models that print in black-and-white only, providing the lowest-cost black-and-white printing in their class.
The WorkForce Pro WF-M5694 MFP and WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 are both designed for use in small networked workgroups, and can yield up to 10 000 pages for a cost per page of 1.6 cents when equipped with a replacement Epson 792XL DURABrite Ultra Ink black ink cartridge.
Epson America has said that these machines will “maximise business productivity while offering secure, heavy-duty, reliable performance with low running costs.” Colour printers can be pricey having to pay for all the ink especially if you don’t use colour print in your business. Epson America is using these models to help bring an innovative answer to these concerns. Along with the black-and-white printing, there are many features that help make this printer a serious option to consider for your business.
Black-and-white printing benefits:
- Print speeds of 20 ISO ppm
- Easy network setup and effective security feature such as PIN-based confidential job release and user access control
- The WF-M5694 as an MFP offers automatic duplexing alongside copying, scanning, and faxing
- Laser-sharp text on a wide variety of media with DURABrite Ultra Ink
- Wired and wireless connectivity with plus Wi-Fi Direct; print from smartphones, tablets and the cloud
- Powered by PrecisionCore, the next generation of inkjet printing technology for performance beyond a laser
The WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 single function monochrome printer is priced at $209.99 MSRP and the WorkForce Pro WF-M5694 multifunction monochrome printer is priced at $399.99 MSRP. If you’re a business that doesn’t need colour printing and looking to avoid unwanted colour costs then these are the machines on the market for you.
Most businesses house more printers, MFP’s, scanners and fax machines than necessary and often those machines are out-of-date and inefficient. To get a handle on your current print fleet and costs request a free office automation assessment from Brock Office Automation.